Severe depression is a mental disorder in which a person constantly experiences apathy and a bad mood.
This condition is not related to life situations, but they often become the cause of the disease.
A person can suffer from depression for several years and commit suicide as a result, so it is important to recognize the disease in time and seek medical help.
Root causes of severe depression
The severe depressive disorder develops for the following reasons:
- Traumatic situations. These are the events in the patient’s life that caused him severe stress. For example, the death of a loved one, divorce, loss of property. The disorder may develop amid overwork due to hard work. Women in abusive relationships (when partner violence is present) are also prone to depression.
- Metabolic disease. Depression caused by this factor is observed in autumn and spring when the body lacks vitamins.
- Hormonal disbalance. It occurs in women after childbirth, miscarriage, or abortion.
- Pathological conditions. For example, a serious illness or injury.
- The disorder may occur while taking medication.
The tendency to this disease is observed in emotional and sensitive people, as well as in individuals with an unstable psyche.
Read more on the next page…